Product Warranty & Care
Marquee, Instant Shelter & Poly Tunnel Warranty
Quite a lot of attention is drawn towards product warranty, disclaimers and what is covered by terms & conditions. Crocodile Trading try to provide as much information as possible from our website, whether that be listing descriptions or after sales customer service. However, we do understand that warranty terms and disclaimers on most retail sites can prove to be a "grey area". The following information provides everything you need to know with regards our product warranty.
1. When your order has been fully delivered, check that all the components are fully intact, and that no component is damaged or lost. Please check this within 24 hours of receiving the order and notify us if something is wrong. Do not leave the check until the day of your event as we will not be able to assist in replacing any parts due to the impossible delivery time frame. All deliveries are made on a 1-2 working day service.
2. Crocodile Trading structures are commercial quality, but are not intended to be used as permanent structures and should be disassembled during adverse and/or windy weather conditions. More detailed guidance is provided in the Care Guides, which can be viewed HERE.
3. All Crocodile Trading products are not covered under warranty for damage caused by improper use or adverse weather. During extremely cold weather the window panels on Crocodile Trading marquees & instant shelters may become brittle if stored in cold conditions. We recommend to store any window panels in a moderately warm area. If you feel the material may have been subject to a cold environment then unpack the sidewalls at room temperature to avoid cracking as the warranty will not cover you for cracked window panels.
4. Despite stating that we do not advise that structures are left up permanently, we do understand that some customers have gone against this, and the structure has been fine. However, if you are planning to leave your structure erected for many days/weeks/months, the weather should be checked regularly to ensure the safety of the structure. In the event of strong winds we (again!) recommend that the structure be taken down completely or at a minimum covers removed.
5. Crocodile Trading provides a very supportive after sales service with a full catalogue of spare parts so, in the event damage may occur to your structure, there is always a backup service where spare parts can be purchased online or over the phone with our sales team. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: 01942 671602.
6. All of our products (including printing) will be branded with the Crocodile Trading™ logo, or identity tag. This branding is not optional and is included as to identify where that item was purchased, as we can only supply parts for products previously purchased from us.
7. It is you’re responsibility to take precautions and safety measures including any site surveys and risk assessments when preparing to assemble any marquee, instant shelter or poly tunnel.
8. All goods will be delivered in heavy duty, double boxed, mail order-style cartons. It is imperative that you take extra care when opening cartons with a knife or sharp object as you may cut the material. Crocodile Trading will not replace material that has knowingly or unknowingly been cut. All PE, PVC & Polyester is quality controlled during manufacture and inspected upon before packing. Therefore, all fabrics are in perfect condition and the only way a cut can appear in the material is if it has been carelessly opened with a knife or sharp object. Reports of this nature will be dismissed, however you can purchase clear, self adhesive repair tape to patch this now effected area.
9. Make sure your Crocodile Trading marquee or instant shelter is securely anchored using the recommended quantity of Tie Down Kits. Tie Down Kits can be used on all marquees and gazebos.
10. We recommend that the supplied Guy Ropes are used. Guy Ropes attach on all four corners of your product and will help with balance and stability.
11. We recommend that Cast Iron Weighted Feet are used on Instant Shelters. These are 13kg discs and can be stacked to add multiple weight on each leg, if required. We also recommend that Weight Bags are used on Gazebos & Marquees. These are very easy to attach to the frame, simply fill with dry or wet sand and secure around each leg pole.
12. Heavy Duty Anchorage Stakes are a recommended accessory. Extremely useful for attaching to guy ropes and securing over Polytunnel ground bars.
13. Taking precautions against adverse weather conditions is very important and your responsibility; check the weather, even if you have taken all the above safety measures it is still advised that if winds speeds exceed 30mph then take your structure down. Crocodile Trading cannot guarantee your structure in any weather conditions whatsoever, as it is unpredictable and can change in an instant without warning. Crocodile Trading will not be responsible for any losses resulting from your use or the inability to use a marquee, instant shelter or polytunnel. Crocodile Trading will not be responsible for your loss of profits, wasted expenditure, or any other loss whatsoever.
14. Crocodile Trading pop up gazebos will fit in the cover bag with the canopy attached to the framework, however, we strongly advise that the canopy is removed before collapsing your gazebo, as this may cause snags and tears to the canopy if left on. If the canopy is left on this is at the users own risk and these damages are not covered under warranty.
15. We reserve the right to send a replacement part of a product rather than exchange the whole item if this part is proven faulty. Our marquees, instant shelters & poly tunnels are designed so that damaged or faulty parts can be replaced easily to enable product longevity.
16. For insurance we recommend that you contact your own personal advisor to check or add cover under your household or business policy as a precaution should your warranty claim be deemed invalid.
17. Am I entitled to a free replacement canopy or sidewall if mine has ripped?
Unfortunately not as material only rips under undue stress, plus Crocodile Trading canopies and sidewalls are double stitched for strength, and extreme force would be required to cause a rip or tear which they are not designed for. However, we do have for sale self adhesive repair tape which can be used to repair any tears or holes. You may also be covered under your business or household insurance.
Material is not covered under warranty for rips/tears under undue stress, because all material i.e canopies sidewalls are double stitched for strength and it would take extreme force to rip or tear which they are not designed for.